Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Make your own Impossible Triangle

This photo has not been edited one bit. This is a picture of the penrose impossible triangle that is sitting in front of me on my desk. If I look at it from the right angle, it appears exactly as it does in the picture above. Many people think it can't be done. But it is actually possible! And now, you can build your own "impossible triangle" in less than 5 minutes!

How did I do it? First, I studied the triangle, look at all the angles. Next, I whipped out my trusty scissors and started cutting away. It was a blur of strips of paper flying in the air and hitting the floor. And when I finished with some very pretty snowflakes... I got to work on doing the impossible. The impossible triangle, that is.

Many other sources said it couldn't be built, but I knew I had remembered seeing some pictures of it...

Honestly, after many hours of trial and error, I have come up with what I believe to be the best (and easiest) way to make your own. To make this incredibly easy, just download and print the PDF.

You could even color it in or shade it with pencil if you like. Or you can play around with the dimensions if you would like, but if you just follow the instructions, you'll have a perfect impossible triangle in less than 10 minutes. I urge you to print this out and try it! It's a lot of fun! And ... for now anyway... I'm making this printable penrose triangle PDF available for free.


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Make your own Impossible Triangle"

Post a Comment